Monday 3 January 2011

A new running partner

Day:        15
Distance: 4.86 km
Time:       31:29 secs

This was the first day of the third week of training and my plan called for a 30 minute run at an 'easy' tempo. With these factors in mind I enquired as to whether my wife might fancy joining me for her first run since November. Despite her initial reluctance I persevered and in the end she decided to brave the cold. I'm not sure whether it was my powers of persuasion or the fact that she wants to run the Richmond Half Marathon in May that signalled a change of heart, but I'm glad that we went running together. Hopefully, I'll be able to get her out for some of the longer runs that I've got coming up.

After yesterday's technology-related ballsup I tried using the Run Keeper App again and I'm pleased to report that it worked perfectly this time, or in other words I pressed all the right buttons this time. Upon completing the run the app tells you distance covered, time taken, average speed, calories burnt (396, if you're interested) and even provides a map of your run. A pretty handy app and just another 'pull factor' which is convincing me that I need to get my own iphone.

2 comments:

  1. Impressed with the early dedication mate, also I take it as read that Gimme Shelter is on your playlist 4:37 of the best adrenalin injection one could wish for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, it's not on there. I've gone for more obviously up tempo tunes from the Stones like "Jumping Jack Flash" and "Satisfaction".

    "Gimme shelter" is a great shout though. I'll add it forthwith and will trial it on my next run.

    Ta very much!

    ReplyDelete