Tuesday 5 April 2011

First run of the thirties

Day:         102
Distance: 10.86km/6.75 miles
Time:       57.42 secs
Calories:  899

It's been a busy old week since I last posted. In that time I've turned 30, drunk far too much and been on a very brief work trip to Vienna. Hence, I'm only now writing up a run from last Wednesday (as I write this it's the following Tuesday).

As you may have read, I hurt my knee the week before and I was seriously worried that it would affect my ability to run the London Marathon, so I took tentative steps over the week. This was the third run of the week and as I hadn't had any problems on the two previous runs I wanted to test my knee out by running further and for longer. 

As with the two previous runs I'm pleased to report that I didn't experience any problems with my left knee. In addition, Run Keeper shows that my average pace was 5.19 mins/km, which is a fairly normal pace for me - so I could feel the confidence which I'd lost in the previous week beginning to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment