Friday 1 April 2011

Last run of the roaring twenties

Day:         100
Distance: 8.19km/5.09 miles
Time:       43:54 secs
Calories:  684

And so it happens that on the 100th day of my marathon training I hit another landmark - the last run of my twenties. It's fair to say that I'm happier to reach one of these milestones more than the other.

Anyway, after the problems with my knee last week this was another gentle run out. I found myself concentrating less on my knee than I had done in the previous run and I could feel myself regaining some of the confidence that I lost last week, but as I said before I'm not really going to know the lie of the land until I tackle the 15 miles I have planned for Saturday. 

I've just been compiling some stats and since I started my training I've been out on 59 separate runs, covered 669 km (416 miles) and run for more than 62 hours. Fingers crossed my knee be all right and the last 100 days won't have been in vain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment