Tuesday 28 December 2010

Week one: Done

Day:         Seven
Distance:  6km
Time:        34:37 secs

So that's it. Week One of my marathon training is over. 


The week ended with another run with my brother-in-law. Running on Boxing Day didn't seem quite as weird as running on Christmas Day, but we were still just about the only people who had ventured out on a very cold Winter morning. 


For these two runs I've been back at my mum and dad's in Essex and one notable difference with running there compared with running in London is that when you pass other joggers or people out walking their dogs they generally offer a cheery "good morning" or "Merry Christmas!". This was disconcerting at first as I'd assume that I'd attract some very odd looks, if not outright hostility, if I attempted to actually speak to people whilst running in London.


The main reason for starting this blog was to record my progress through my marathon training, so an audit of my first week shows that over the course of four runs I've covered around 29 km and it has taken me 2:48:28 to complete those runs. The plan I'm supposed to be following calls for five runs per week, but I'm happy with four in my first week and I struggle to see how I'll ever fit five runs in as resting in between runs is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment