Tuesday 1 March 2011

Bad Habit

Day:         72
Distance: 5.53km
Time:       32:58 secs
Calories:  427

In a surprising twist the usual "45 mins easy" that begins most weeks is replaced by "30 mins easy". Quite why the specified amount of time has dropped by a third I don't know. Logic would suggest, to me at least, that the time/distance should be increasing as I get nearer to the end of the 12 week training guide. Still, I've followed it this far so I might as well carry on doing so.

A slight problem is that I can't honestly remember the last time I ran for 30 minutes, so I'm a little bit thrown as to which route I should take. I decide to basically follow the route I would normally take for a 45 minute run with a few nips and tucks here and there to bring it down to the length dictated by the training guide.

It's only been two days since my last run, but it feels like much longer. I understand the importance of rest days when you're training for a marathon, but one whole day without running has left me wondering where my next fix is going to come from. While this was a good run it just didn't feel like I was out for long enough. Half an hour may be plenty of time for Jamie Oliver to rustle up a healthy and nutritious dinner, but it isn't enough to feed the running habit.


No comments:

Post a Comment