Monday 7 March 2011

My Monday date

Day:         78
Distance: 5.60km
Time:       38:36 secs
Calories:  427

I can't believe that it's the final week of the Guardian's 12 week marathon training guide. The final week, much like the 11 that preceded it, begins with an 'easy' run. Like last week the guide only calls for 30 minutes in total. 

I didn't really enjoy last Monday's run. As I wrote at the time, 30 minutes really didn't seem long enough. This week was much better though because I was joined by my wife - who has finally decided to train for this Sunday's Regent's Park Jog - and because I'm absolutely determined to fit five runs in this week after only managing three in the week before. 

A comparison with the same run from last week (which took me around 33 minutes) shows that we took it pretty easily, but that was fine by me. After the long run over the weekend it's just good to get back out on the streets and to get those legs moving again. I can worry about going faster in the other four runs I'm doing this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment