Saturday 12 March 2011

Steady As She Goes

Day:         81
Distance: 10.95km
Time:       55:54 secs
Calories:  909

The training guide for Thursday specifies "60 mins steady", so armed with the trusty running playlist I set off for a pre-work run to the sound of "Jumpin' Jack Flash" by the Stones. What a great song to start the run. It immediately gets me running at a good pace and sets the tone for the rest of the run.

I've got my ipod on shuffle but in the first half hour I've heard three songs by the Stones, one AC/DC track and Muddy Waters' "Got My Mojo Working". Despite the soundtrack my mood is anything but blue, I feel elated. I'm running freely at a good pace and I'm accompanied by some of the finest music ever recorded. What's not to love?

I've never been that sure what the training guide means by "steady", but the Run Keeper app indicates that this was a very steady run. The average pace was recorded as 5:06 mins/km with the fastest kilometre being chewed up and spat out in 4:54 mins and the slowest - which coincided with the only hill climb on the route - taking 5:15 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment